Claire has become quite the chatter box. She will repeat everything that I say. Sometimes it does not even sound like a word at all but she tries. She can now recognize and say 23 of the 26 letters of the alphabet. For some reason F, G, and J are hard for her to get. She also confuses V with U. Can you blame her? They look very similar to me. She will call out letters wherever we are if she sees them. For instance, on signs, shirts, groceries. She likes to try and count. When counting she says 3,4,5 and 8,9,10. The rest of the numbers are irrelevant to her I guess. She calls every color blue except for yellow and she actually gets that one right...but she pronounces it yewoh. Adorable! I try to correct how she says things but it is just so darn cute to hear her say it wrong. Claire has finally stopped sleeping by the door. Probably because I now leave the door open! She will stay in bed and usually sings herself to sleep. I am not sure if she just wants to be able to hear us or maybe she was afraid of the dark or even felt trapped...but whatever reason leaving the door open has worked! I am praying it continues.
Quinn is now saying MAMA!!! She said it the afternoon after I posted that the only word she knew was dada. (Little stinker!) She is quite the squealer and she is quite talkative herself. She is crawling all over the place now. I will leave the room and when I turn around there she is following me. I love that she is crawling but now I have to go back to making sure the floors are picked up and that I remember to plug back in the safety outlet covers after I iron. Honestly though, it is cute to watch her go. She crawls more with her feet than she does her knees, it's pretty funny. They will be moving her up in Sunday School to the creepers class. It makes me a little sad because I know she is growing up. I guess I finally need to realize that is what babies do...they grow up.
Claire and Quinn have been able to play now that Quinn has mastered sitting and crawling. Sometimes Claire does not want Quinn in her space or playing with her toy but for the most part they have a good time. I look forward to lots of playing and lots of girly giggles!!
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Way to go Claire! Do you know about Starfall.com? Alex really likes some of their animated letters. He also likes decorating the pumpkins and gingerbread men on there. Fun stuff.
ReplyDeleteAnd yay, Quinn, for saying Mama. :)