Claire has done a couple of things blog worthy this past week. So I figured I should share.
Claire has been in her big girl bed for awhile now but this past week she has decided that she would rather sleep on the floor in front of her bedroom door. I was able to put her down for a nap and at night and she would fuss a little but would go right to sleep. This past week every time I laid her down she would get up and lay down next to the door and cry. She is so close to the door that you can hear her breathing as you walk down the hall. I don't bother to move her during nap time because I know as soon as I did she would wake up and nap time would be ruined. Jared has been putting her back in bed at night. The other night she was so close to the door that he couldn't get it open so he stuck his fingers under the door and tapped on her forehead and said her name until she moved over enough that he could get in. Once he was in he picked her up and as he took her to bed she said "Uh Oh" because she had lost her paci. It was quickly recovered by Jared, for fear she would wake up completely, and she went right to sleep in her bed once her paci was securely in her mouth. I am really hoping this is just a phase but until it's over she will have really cute carpet indention on her face after she wakes up.
Yesterday evening I laid Quinn down on a blanket on the floor in the living room. Claire loves this because she can really get up close and personal with Quinn and they have little conversations between the two of them that only they understand. I was in the kitchen and Jared was in the guest room hanging up closet doors. (One room down 3 more rooms to go!) I heard Claire laughing almost hysterically. I thought to myself how cute that they are playing. Claire laughed some more and then was silent and then laughed some more. I needed to see just how cute this was so I went to the living room to find not what I had expected. Claire was slapping Quinn in the face and then laughing. I told her not to hit her sissy as I came closer and of course she did it again. I was able to see Quinn's face at this point and when Quinn was slapped she would bat her eyes really fast and had a "what are you doing!" expression. Claire must have thought her expression was funny and so she continued to do it so she could laugh. Poor Quinn, she never cried just kept batting her eyelashes. Claire was scolded and then ended up in time out for not listening. Claire doesn't realize she is just making Quinn tough and that she better watch out.
Claire is quite the character and may be entering the terrible twos a little early. This should be quite the ride. I hope I'm ready!!
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment