Today was our very first playdate! We went to the Jang's home to play with Desiree, Alex, and Jaycen. I have to admit I was very nervous going on my, I mean our, first playdate. I did not know what to expect or what the etiquette was. Do I bring anything, how long should I stay, what if Claire is awful, what if they don't like us???????????? All of these things were running through my head as I was driving over. Thankfully Desiree was a very good hostess and made it easy on me. Claire and Alex (2 years) kind of looked at each other at first. I think Alex was like "Just so you know this is my house." Claire of course looked at him like "I do not care." I was surprised that Claire was a little aggressive at first. I had never seen that side of Claire, she had chalk and he wasn't getting it back, so she pushed him. Alex did such a good job of sharing his toys, especially Thomas the train, and was such a sweet boy. They ended up warming up to each other and by the end they were running around the couch laughing and throwing a ball. I truly think they had a good time. It took some getting used to each other at first but it was fun. Sweet baby Jaycen (1 month) slept almost the entire time. I did get to hold him before I left and he is so sweet and so little. Quinn was, as usual, a good baby and laid on the floor and played and then took a nap herself. Desiree and I had a great time talking and getting to know each other better. She said that playdates are mainly for the moms, and I agree. I had such a good time on my playdate...I can't wait to play again.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Playdate
Today was our very first playdate! We went to the Jang's home to play with Desiree, Alex, and Jaycen. I have to admit I was very nervous going on my, I mean our, first playdate. I did not know what to expect or what the etiquette was. Do I bring anything, how long should I stay, what if Claire is awful, what if they don't like us???????????? All of these things were running through my head as I was driving over. Thankfully Desiree was a very good hostess and made it easy on me. Claire and Alex (2 years) kind of looked at each other at first. I think Alex was like "Just so you know this is my house." Claire of course looked at him like "I do not care." I was surprised that Claire was a little aggressive at first. I had never seen that side of Claire, she had chalk and he wasn't getting it back, so she pushed him. Alex did such a good job of sharing his toys, especially Thomas the train, and was such a sweet boy. They ended up warming up to each other and by the end they were running around the couch laughing and throwing a ball. I truly think they had a good time. It took some getting used to each other at first but it was fun. Sweet baby Jaycen (1 month) slept almost the entire time. I did get to hold him before I left and he is so sweet and so little. Quinn was, as usual, a good baby and laid on the floor and played and then took a nap herself. Desiree and I had a great time talking and getting to know each other better. She said that playdates are mainly for the moms, and I agree. I had such a good time on my playdate...I can't wait to play again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a great summary! I'm so glad you all came over and I think it went really well - you never know what will happen when you get two hormonal toddlers together, lol! Alex tends to be much more possessive here than other places, so I appreciate Claire's patience with him and standing up for herself when needed! The babies were so good, too! I didn't feel outnumbered at all! Hope we can get together soon... I had fun getting to know you all better. :o)
ReplyDelete