I realize the holiday weekend is not over yet but I have to say it has been a good one so far. The weather has been beautiful and we have been able to spend quite a bit of time outside. Both of the girls would live outside if they could. We have spent the last three evenings out on the front porch. It feels so nice to sit outside, watch Claire play and hear Quinn coo and squeal. This is the life....I love spending time with my family.
Jared took Claire to the park yesterday morning and I stayed home and cleaned (actual deep clean and throw stuff out type of cleaning) while Quinn napped. Claire came home just worn out from playing so hard. Jared said she learned to slide down the slide by herself without any help. I am not surprised, she wants to do everything herself. This weekend it seems as if Claire's vocabulary has sky rocketed. She is repeating everything we say and saying words we didn't even know she knew. Jared and I would look at each other and say "Did she just say that?..."I think she did." I heard somewhere or from someone that by age 2 it's good for them to know about 85-95 words and I thought about a month ago there is no way that is going to happen. I am beginning to think she will have that down by her birthday in 2 1/2 months! It is so exciting and so fun to listen to her.
Quinn made me very happy tonight! I blogged recently that she could care less about eating rice cereal. I finally gave up and decided to give it a week or so and hope that she would enjoy it later. Well, tonight I tried giving it to her and she LOVED it! She opened her mouth for the spoon and instead of spitting out 98% of it she ate 98% of it. It was like seeing Claire again at that age. (Claire was born loving to eat and it hasn't slowed down!) I was delighted because she has a doctor appt. on Wednesday and I didn't want to tell them that she won't eat cereal. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will eat like that tomorrow. Also, today Jared and I think she may have said dada!!!! I am not going to count it as official just yet but we think we heard it a couple of times today. I will see if she says it tomorrow and then decide if it officially counts as her first word. It is so exciting to go through all of these milestones with the girls. God is so good and we are so blessed. Thank you for reading my blog and letting me "brag" on my girls.

I'm catching up, lol! Yay for both girls growing and meeting milestones. Rice cereal was a big challenge for Alex; he really never would eat it. I'm hoping Jaycen will be different. He's been a better eater overall. Good luck with the appt tomorrow! And Claire has a great vocab! I've heard that 50-100 words is average for 2 - some have more and some have less. Alex had 50 around 21 months (I was worried and I counted them); I'm sure he has 4 times that now. We FINALLY hit "language explosion", although he doesn't talk much around other people so I'm not sure others believe me, haha!!
ReplyDelete