This year for Easter Sunday we were actually at our own church. I am not sure that has happened since we moved here but, we didn't actually get to go into the Easter service because it was our turn for Worship Care. Which means we watched twelve 2 year olds during big church time. Those little guys are so cute so it made up for missing the service.
We were too busy getting ready that morning that we did not get a chance to give the girls their Easter baskets until we got home from church. We have not told the girls anything about the Easter bunny so they weren't expecting anything when they woke up. I tried to not put too much candy in them and tried to keep it pretty simple. We did get Quinn a Read with Me toddler bible and Claire a Devotional for preschoolers. Claire loved her devotional especially when we told her that Jared and I would be doing it with her every night. She loves to have "bible study" with mommy and daddy.
We talked to the girls, mainly Claire, about what Easter means by asking them what they had been learning at church. We told the girls what Easter means to us and why it is important. I am not sure how much, if any, made sense but I don't want them thinking that it's all about bunnies, and candy, and eggs. Those things are fun and wonderful but it is about so much more!

No comments:
Post a Comment