.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Best Christmas Ever

This Christmas may have been one of the best Christmases ever, for several reasons. This year was so much fun. We decided last year to have an ornament tradition where the girls can pick out a new ornament every year to put on the tree. (In a previous post I posted a picture where Claire was putting hers on the tree) It was so neat to let Claire pick hers out and be excited about hanging it on the tree. Quinn's was picked out by her daddy this year. We also will have a new pajama tradition. This year Claire and Quinn got pj's that they got to wear for Christmas morning. We also have the tradition of Jared reading the Christmas story after we open gifts, both girls actually sat near him as he read. I am so excited about starting new traditions with my family. I absolutely love this time of year and love what Christmas is all about...Jesus and family.

I witnessed Santa putting the girls gifts under the tree the night before we opened gifts and I was truly giddy. Yes, I said giddy! I was anticipating their sweet faces lighting up as they opened their gifts. I could barely sleep I was so excited...I truly felt like a kid again. I couldn't wait until morning!! We had Christmas here with just the 4 of us on Thursday. Claire noticed the presents under the tree but no reaction, she was still tired and wanted to cuddle with me. I must admit I was a little disappointed, I guess I expected squeals of delight. Once I told her she could open the presents she hopped off my lap and started collecting as many as she could in her arms...the squealing began. This is what I was waiting for!! I knew from Claire's birthday that she was going to be very excited to open presents. I also knew she would probably want to open Quinn's...and she did...and Quinn was a good sport and let her. Every time a gift was opened Claire would say WOW or would have a wide open smile. Priceless!

This was Quinn's first Christmas! I am glad she was old enough to enjoy her gifts and even willing to let Claire open all of her gifts. She played with the wrapping most of the time anyway. Quinn got a few outfits this year, and Claire loved opening them and telling Quinn exactly what she got. "N..shirt." "N...pants." "N...toy" We didn't get Quinn very man toys this year, I figure we could get away with passing down Claire's old toys, so she mainly got clothes. It was a very good first Christmas for Quinn.

We then went to Enid to spend Christmas with Jared's and my family. We went to The Lieser's first and then the Riley's. (posts to come) Claire and Quinn were able to open presents Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I was afraid Claire was going to think that it was going to be an everyday thing after that. (How cool would that be?!)

I am very bummed that the Christmas decorations have to come down. It means that the season is over and now we just have winter, I am not fond of winter. So I am already looking forward to next year.

Merry Christmas!
Claire gathering the gifts
Opening!
Helping each other open
WOW!
Not sure what this look means...but she ended up liking it. :)
Hmmmm...Bowling?
Yeah for bowling!!
(look at new pajamas...I love them)
This is how I bowl
Claire playing and enjoying Quinn's toy
This picture makes me laugh so I had to include it.
How did Santa know that I loved to color and needed more coloring books?
Reading the Christmas story and learning the real reason for Christmas...
JESUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment