Claire had her two year well check a couple of weeks ago and I would like to share her stats. She weighs 27#14oz (65%) and is 34.65" tall. (72%) She is not too keen on the doctor and likes to do everything possible to keep the stethoscope and the ear thing-a-ma-jiggy from getting anywhere near her. She starts to freak out as soon as she gets sat on the table. Once the doctor was able to check her out she did say she was very proud of Claire and thought she was doing great developmentally and physically. The doctor asked how having a two year old was going so far. It had only been a week so I said so far so good ask me again at her three year appointment. :)
Claire is talking a mile a minute. I can't always understand what she says and she sometimes gets frustrated with me when I guess what she said. I love how everything she says she thinks is important and how she cocks her head to the side and will look at me so seriously and just jabber away.
The "Terrific Twos' have been good so far. We have had our meltdowns and tantrums for sure and she says the word no more than any other word and with a lot more conviction but I am looking forward to watching her learn and watching her eyes light up when she figures something out. (I am still trying to be positive, only 50 weeks to go!)
This was on our handout given to us by our pediatrician.
It is important to understand right from the beginning that you cannot reason with a two year old and it is a waste of time to try to argue with one. Once you have accepted these facts, this important year with your child will become one of the best you may ever have.
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment