.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

All about Quinn!

It is hard to believe that little Miss Quinn is now a year old. I really feel like this first year for Quinn went by so much faster than Claire's first year. It seems like I was just holding her for the first time, now she wiggles away when I try to hold her like a baby. She is no longer a baby!

Within the last month she has become such a big girl. She eats what we eat, no baby food at all. I guess with 8 teeth in and 3 poking through she can handle it. She loves it when she gets to eat something she can put in her mouth herself. We have only given her a fork to try a couple of times and all she does is chew on the handle end of it. She's not quite ready for that yet. She is on whole milk now and seems to really like it, she is not too fond of it if it is right out of the fridge cold. She drinks from a sippy cup very well. She loves her sister's cups the best because they have more juice than water in them unlike hers which is lightly flavored water. Quinn is standing alone VERY well and has even taken a few steps. She has done it a few times where she has taken about 3 steps. When we try to work with her she just gets super excited, waves her arms around, squeals, and then sits down. I thought she might be walking before her first birthday but I don't think it will be much longer. She loves to walk behind and push Claire's baby doll stroller, it is so cute to see her little self cruising down the hallway. She loves to climb on and in things. She can get herself on to the hearth, onto a small chair, in her toy basket, on the bottom part of her changing table, into my dresser (it has a swinging door) and into the kitchen and bathroom cabinets. She is an explorer and she has no fear. She has more words in her vocabulary and it is so cute to hear her little voice. She now says mama, daddy, up, uh-oh, baby,yum or yum-num, bye-bye, no, hi and thank you. Well, it sounds to us like thank you and she uses it correctly, so therefore, it counts!

Quinn may be growing up but I feel like she is still so little. We had her doctor appt. for her 12 month check up on her birthday. (Cruel I know, what mother schedules a child to get 3 shots and a finger prick on her birthday?!?!?!?) She is 30 inches tall (79%) and weighs 19#12oz (30%). We are so close to that 20# mark to be able to put her in a front facing car seat!!! Maybe in a few more weeks. It has been 9 months since we last had the cyst on her spleen checked so we will be scheduling to do another follow up ultra sound. We are praying it is gone!!

If we had to describe Quinn in a word it would be....HAPPY! She is truly a joyful child and even though she is starting to stand up for herself with Claire she is still very happy. I couldn't ask for better. I am looking forward to what's to come with little miss and for what God has in store for her life. I just wish time would slow down a little!!

No comments:

Post a Comment