.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Lord is Good

Quinn had her ultra-sound on her spleen this past Wednesday. The ultra-sound was to check the cyst the doctors found while doing one on the kidneys when she was a couple days old. At 3 months old it was the same size as when she was born. Good news but they wanted to check it again when she turned one. Tuesday night, I have to be honest, I was a wreck. I tried really hard not to be nervous about what they might find but in true Amber fashion I thought the worst. When we arrived at the hospital Quinn was being very cute and smiling to all the nurses. While she was getting the ultra-sound done she did really well for about 30 seconds then it was wiggle worm time. She did not like me trying to keep her still. It took the technician awhile but he finally had enough pictures. While he was in the process he asked me if I remembered how big it was the last time. I didn't remember but in my mind figured the cyst was still there and he was wanting something to compare it to. On Friday our doctor called with good news...The cyst was gone! The tech was asking because he couldn't find it not because it was still there and he was comparing the size. I was very happy to hear this news and happy to know I wouldn't have to hold Quinn down for any more ultra-sounds. I learned a valuable lesson through this, one that unfortunately I have had to learn over and over. I really do need to let God take control and I need to quit worrying and thinking the worst. Oh me of little faith!!! God is good and I am so thankful he is in control and I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment