I have been following the Craft Hope's blog for awhile. They organize wonderful projects that people, like myself, can do at home to help others all around the world. Our MOPS group did the last project and helped out pregnant women in Haiti. This project (Project 12: Orphan Outreach) caught my eye because I thought it could be something that Claire and I could do together. We made bracelets for orphans in Russia. They are very simple and not fancy at all but Claire loved making them and loved to wear them, so I think they should appeal to a 2 year old. I told her who we were making them for and she really got excited. The whole time she kept telling me we were making them for little kids in Russia. (It is really cute to hear her say Russia.) She helped me get them all packaged up by counting how many we had made as she dropped them in the envelope. (13) It may not seem like much but it was a fun thing to do together and I like being able to show the girls that we can do nice things to help other people. I am very proud of her.
(If anyone wants to make bracelets the deadline is June 15, 2011. Go to the link above to get information)

No comments:
Post a Comment