.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The pacifier fairy.

It has been 6 days since the pacifier fairy has been to our house and taken away the girls' paya (that's what Claire called hers) and baba (That is what Quinn called hers). Jared and I felt it was time to get rid of Claire's because she would wake up in the middle of the night looking for it and would wake completely up and we would have a hard time getting her back to sleep. Plus it was a real pain in the yaya (excuse my language) to look for one of the girls' paci's every time it was time for bed. Quinn was notorious for dropping it in a drawer and shutting it or putting it inside a bag. Then it would take 30 minutes to try and find it. Anyway, so since we were going to get rid of Claire's we figured we might as well get rid of Quinn's at the same time. So on Tuesday at nap time the girls put their paci's on the couch and I talked to them about how the pacifier fairy was going to come and take their paya and baba and that she would leave them a special surprise. (Claire's ears perk up anytime you say special surprise or special treat) I explained that the fairy was going to give their paci's to new baby girls that needed them. Claire said "Tinkerbell is going to take my paci away so those babies can take a nap." Two things about this statement. 1. I never said anything about Tinkerbell and almost panicked when she said that. I guess she put it together because I said fairy. I didn't want her to be upset every time she saw something with Tinkerbell but I went with it and said Yes Tinkerbell. 2. How sweet, she knows that the paci helps her take a nap and that it will help the new babies. So, Quinn cried for 25 minutes it felt like 25 hours!!!! Claire never took a nap, she kept getting out of bed asking for her paya. Somehow between me putting Claire back in bed and her getting out "Tinkerbell" came and took the paci's and left a special surprise...bouncy balls and yummy snacks. She also left a note!!!! Claire was so excited about her surprise that she forgot about the paci until bedtime when she very calmly said "Tinkerbell took my paya away." I wanted to cry!!! I have stayed strong and even though they have asked every day for them it has been alot easier than I thought it would be. Quinn gets most upset when we are in the car, she always got it in the car. Claire always asks when it is time to go to bed. I have to admit it has been harder on me I think. I hated taking something away that comforted them. I know it's for the best. Praying they will soon forget. Luckily for me, and for Tinkerbell, Claire doesn't seem to be too upset at her. Last time with pacifiers.
Comforting each other before it was time to give them up.

Letter from the pacifier fairy. (Yes she signed it Tinkerbell!!!!)


Their special surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment