.

Friday, March 16, 2012

The things they say.

While we were getting ready to go to the park the girls were on their step stools in the bathroom in front of the mirror. They were waiting to get their hair fixed and were brushing their teeth. While I was fixing Quinn's hair Claire suddenly jumped off her step and headed toward the potty. When she realized the step wasn't in front of the potty, she had just hopped off of it in front of the mirror, she looked up at me with panic in her eyes. She had waited till the last minute to go and she was worried that she didn't have time to move the step over. So I rushed into action but as I did I said "Dear God, please don't pee pee your panties!" Normally I do not talk this way but she was fully dressed and we were running late. I did not want to have to change clothes and clean up a mess. Excuses, I know. Anyway, we made it in time...in case you were wondering. Once everything was fine I went back to fixing Quinn's hair but not before Claire said "Mommy, you said dear God please don't pee pee your panties." "Yes, I did say that." "But mommy, I am not God I am Claire." She was absolutely right.

No comments:

Post a Comment