.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Library Days

This year we took advantage of the Library's story time. We were pretty faithful to go every two weeks. We would usually meet up with friends to listen to story time and then the kids would play puzzles or look for books. We occasionally would all go out to lunch together. It got to the point where as soon as I told Claire we were going to the Library she would say "Story time then pizza right mommy?" The girls love to be read to, I hope they become readers like their mommy. I love to read books! We participated in the Library summer reading program. The girls had to have 20 books read to them and they had to visit the library four times this summer. For doing so they got a medal, coupon book, and an inflatable toy. The toy was a really big airplane that I made the mistake of telling the girls I would blow up in the car after we left the library. I was in the parking lot in the car blowing those things up for 20 minutes!! No exaggeration...it may have even been longer!

Claire will not let us skip her bedtime ritual of reading 2 books before bed. Her favorites right now are Brown Bear, Brown Bear What do you see? and Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What do you see?. She knows them by memory and she reads (recites) one and then has Jared or I read the other. She also has me read the book Count your Blessings 1 through 10 to her once she is tucked in bed. She also knows that one by memory and reads along with me. It is really cute.

Quinn gets so excited for us to read her bedtime books that she will drop whatever she is playing with to listen. She cries every time we are done reading and says book over and over hoping we will read some more. Honestly it works quite often and we usually end up reading 1 more. Her favorite book right now is Llama Llama misses Mama. She likes to get the book and flip pages saying mama, mama, mama. The other day I thought she was calling for me then realized she was just reading her favorite book.

We are looking forward to story time starting back up the middle of August. Hopefully we will find some new favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment