This year for Halloween Claire was Tinkerbell and Quinn was a kangaroo. Claire was beyond excited to be Tinkerbell and has talked about it for a week. I was afraid Quinn was not going to be too keen on being a kangaroo only because she wants to do what Claire does. I was expecting her to say she wanted to be a princess or Tinkerbell too. Once she realized her costume came with a baby kangaroo she was sold. No worries! I did buy her a wand too because I knew there was no way that Claire would be able to carry a glowing wand around and her not be able to. I had the girls put their costumes on yesterday to take pictures. I knew that once we got trick or treating that it would be dusk or dark and my camera is horrible at taking pictures in low light. It turned out to be a good thing that I did because this afternoon Quinn caught some sort of stomach bug and was throwing up. I was so sad because I knew she was going to be upset that she didn't get to get dressed up. I contemplated everyone just staying home but Claire had been talking about it all day and was super excited. Claire and I left Quinn and Jared at home and went to a friends house to trick or treat. I purposely did not have Claire's costume on so Quinn wouldn't be fully aware of where we were going. Jared said she cried a little but then crawled in his lap and laid on him for over an hour. She must not feel good because she usually does not sit still very long. Claire and I had a good time with our friends and Jared and I... I mean Claire really raked in the candy! When she got home she dumped her bucket as soon as we got in the house. She didn't even wait to get on the carpet. She was allowed to eat one piece of candy...she picked a box of nerds that took her 20 minutes to eat. She is one smart girl because she picked something that would delay bedtime. I hope Quinn wakes up better tomorrow. She has some yummy treats waiting for her when she feels better. Claire doesn't know that part yet. Happy Halloween!
Monday, October 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment