Ok, so I am a few days behind. I am not quite sure where the time goes.
Right now I am thankful for music. The girls and I sing together while rocking in the rocking chair before their naps and before bed at night. The three of us squeeze in the chair and then the girls get to pick a couple of songs a piece and we just sing at the top of our lungs. It is such a special time. The girls love to dance and sing and it warms my heart. I remember growing up and my parents always singing and our family all singing like crazy people as loud as we could in the car driving down the road. One vivid memory I have for some reason is being in the car and dad singing to the radio the song Uptown Girl by Billy Joel. Not sure why but I will always remember that. I still love that song to this day.When my family moved we always loaded up the car and sang Great Adventure by Stephen Curtis Chapman. What great memories!!! I am so happy that we sing all the time in our household. We rarely get in the car and not have music playing to sing to. Claire will even make up words to melodies she knows. She gets that from me...not sure if that is good or bad. For instance, while she is getting dressed she will sing about putting on her shirt and putting on her skirt and shoes. It is so cute! Quinn sings so loud! She just belts it out and goes for it. I love it!!!
Here is a list of our favorite songs right now.
#5 Sing, Sing, Sing (PandaMania VBS cd)
#7 God is watching over you or jump in the air song (PandaMania VBS cd)
Jesus Loves Me
Sunshine (You are my sunshine)
Tinkle Tinkle (Twinkle little star)
ABC's
Children (Jesus loves the little children)
I love Claire and Quinn (My made up song to Frère Jacques)
The B.I.B.L.E
Silent Night
Away in a manger
Go tell it on the mountain (The Favorite!!!)
I hope the girls look back on this time with fondness and I pray their love and appreciation for music only grows.

I bet that is awesome to watch!
ReplyDelete