Claire technically had 3 birthdays this year. I guess that is the cool thing about having your birthday the week of Thanksgiving and this year on Thanksgiving. She got a birthday cake or "party" as she calls it with both sides of the family plus us. I will tell you a little about all 3 and even post a few pictures of the birthday girl.
Since Thanksgiving was her birthday and we would be traveling to family get togethers we had Claire's 1st party with just the 4 of us on Tuesday night. She got to pick what her birthday dinner meal would be so she picked pizza. There is no surprise here. I figured it would be pizza or fish sticks, those things she asks for everyday. When I asked her what kind of cake she wanted she said "Purple frosting and chocolate cake." When I asked her what presents she wanted she said "I don't know. I want lots and lots of presents." She only had two to open from us but was very happy when she opened her birthday dress and a Fisher Price digital camera. She has been taking pictures of everything with her camera. The wall, the couch, the tv, her baby, people, herself, the floor, and who knows what else. The camera holds 2000 pictures and in a week she has taken 845. Her cousins did help her out a little on taking that many. Speaking of pictures here are a few from the 1st party.
Her second party was at Grandma and Pa Pa Riley's house. We had Thanksgiving dinner then had her cake/party. She had a super big cupcake cake and a fairy cake. For the party Grandma bought Tinkerbell plates and napkins and goody bags. In the goody bags the kids got punching balloons, candy, Tinkerbell dolls, and lips. (That is what the girls call chap stick)
| This is a bad habit I taught her. It's bad because she grabs the hot wick to pull them out. |
For the third birthday party we were in Marshfield, MO with the Lieser's at Nana Beck's house. Claire had the best time playing outside in the leaves with her cousins. The plan was to make cupcakes with purple frosting while we were there but there was so much food that Claire got to blow out candles on a pumpkin pie. Fitting. She got to wear the "birthday hat" that is supposed to be worn by every family member on their birthday. Claire loved wearing it and it matched her outfit, bonus!
When Claire woke up on the 24th I told her Happy Birthday! She told me "I am still 2." I said "No, you are now 3. It's your birthday!" She replied "I am still 2. I haven't had birthday cake yet." Once she had birthday cake that day she started saying she was 3.
Happy Birthday to my sweet Claire. I hope you enjoyed your 3 parties on your 3rd birthday!
Happy Birthday to my sweet Claire. I hope you enjoyed your 3 parties on your 3rd birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment