.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Love of my Life

On June 4th, 2004 my best friend took me on a road trip for the evening to run an errand for his dad. This was not an unusual thing for him to do for his dad so I willingly rode along. As we were talking he brings to my attention the name of the town we were about to head into in. The city limit sign said Welcome to Amber and then below it was a handmade sign that said Will You Marry Me. As he was pulling over to the side of the rode I was trying to wrap my head around what was happening. Jared gets out of the truck and opens my door to let me out. Once I am out of the truck he gets down on one knee and right there in the ditch in Amber, Oklahoma he proposes.

On October 16th, 2004 I said I do to my very best friend and the love of my life. It has been 8 years (tomorrow) and I love him more now then I did on that day. I would have never thought that could happen because as I walked down that isle I thought my heart would explode with joy and love for him.

He is the man God has intended for me and I have no doubts about that. It has been quite the journey  and I look forward to continuing it with him for as long as we live.

(these are pictures of pictures)


By the way, that is my daddy behind us. He officiated the wedding! So special!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment