.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Operation Christmas Child

This is the second year that our MOPS moms have participated in Operation Christmas Child with Samaritan's Purse. Our church also participated as well. So Jared and I thought we could let our girls fill a shoebox for two special little girls that we don't even know. It was such a blessing to watch the girls pick out things for their boxes. They wanted to put way more than what would fit. Quinn kept saying "my girl needs this in her box" and "I want my girl to have candy.".Claire couldn't believe that there were children who were not going to get presents for Christmas. It was so wonderful to get to talk them about how much we need to be grateful for and how much God loves us and how much He loves those sweet children that will be so happy to receive their boxes. I am not sure how much the girls really realized what we were doing but I do know we are going to instill in them the importance of helping and loving others even if it is just a small shoebox. I am already looking forward to this new family tradition.

Ready to fill the boxes.

Claire's box.

She wanted to draw a picture and put it inside. It is a picture of a girl and she wrote her name on the top.

Quinn's box.

She needed to but a drawing in too.
Taking our boxes to church.
Lord, we pray for those sweet girls that received these boxes. We pray that they will see you and feel your love through these toys my girls picked out. I pray for your protection over their lives and I pray those girls accept you as their Lord and Saviour.



No comments:

Post a Comment