A little over a month ago I got a wild idea that I wanted to learn to sew. I borrowed mom's sewing machine then had a friend (Cheyenne) show me the basics. She sews really cute things and actually inspired me during a MOPS meeting when "the sewers" were sewing bags for birthing kits to be sent to Haiti. About 2 weeks ago I started my first project, blankets for Claire and Quinn. All of us girls went to the fabric store to pick out fabric. I must admit I was VERY overwhelmed. I had no idea what I was doing...All I had done was look at a tutorial online to get an idea of what to do. Picking out fabric was so hard! There are way too many choices!!! I had to buy scissors and thread and binding and a seam ripper and.....so much more stuff that I could go on and on. Anyway, I picked out Quinn's fabrics and Claire picked hers out. She insisted on a blue blanket. If you ask her now she will tell you she wants a yellow blanket, 2 year olds! :) I was so excited to get started...so I did that night. I worked on them at night once the girls went to bed and during their nap time. Thankfully they take a nap at the same time. A little over 2 weeks they are both done! The girls seem to like them, even though Claire's ended up with alot more green than I thought and she wants a yellow one. Maybe the next one will be yellow. My next plan is to make a couple of dresses for them. We'll see. I am not that good at it but I really enjoy it. I'll keep you posted on any other projects.
Monday, April 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment