Monday, April 11, 2011
Tulsa 66ers
This weekend we took the girls to a Tulsa 66ers game. The girls' first basketball game. It was so cute to hear Claire say "baketball" game. The 66ers are the D-league for the Thunder. For some reason Jared has been able go to Thunder games and it looks like the closest I will get will be their farm team. :) We did get to see Cole Aldrich so that was pretty cool. The girls really enjoyed it. We lasted almost an hour before Quinn became a wiggle worm and refused to sit still. The girls would clap every time we did. Quinn would clap even when we weren't. Claire didn't care as much about the game as she did the mascot Routie the bird. She wanted to know where he was at all times. The game we went to was a Playoff game so after the first quarter the following mascots appeared and then walked through the crowd. Routie (66ers), Dozer (OKC Yard Dawgs), Rowdy (OK Redhawks) and our favorite Boomer. (OU Sooners) Claire was so excited and would wave to them from afar. They all came up to us and tried to get a high five from Claire and she just froze and stared, as soon as they walked away she would smile and wave at them. Too funny, I don't blame her one bit. I am afraid of mascots...yes I said it....they freak me out!!!! I put on a brave face for the girls. Anyway, we had a really good time. Our next sporting event will hopefully be a Tulsa Drillers baseball game. Maybe we can last longer than an hour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment