.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Hiding God's word in her heart!

Claire has been memorizing bible verses at church and I have to say it fills my heart with joy! I am so thankful for those that volunteer at church to show my girls the love of Christ. I get goosebumps just thinking about it. Plus it is nice to know I have others helping me out in bringing them up learning about Jesus. The first verse Claire learned was "I can do anything through Christ who gives me strength" Philippians 4:13. She was so excited to tell us. The second verse she just learned was "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10. She doesn't know the "call numbers" or where to find the verse so we need to have her learn that part too. I am so proud of her and she just lights up when I ask her to tell me. I do it often so that she doesn't forget. 
 I know that kiddos may start memorizing verses around 3 and though I have thought about getting started I haven't done anything. I actually thought maybe she wasn't ready yet. I guess I would be wrong. A friend of mine gave me this website that has ABC scriptures to memorize with your children. I printed each letter/verse out and am in the process of making flash cards with them. I can't wait to start learning with Claire. Yes, I said learning with her. Most of the verses I know or have heard but I need to memorize them as well. Here is the link. http://www.icanteachmychild.com/2011/10/abc-printable-scripture-cards/

No comments:

Post a Comment