.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Talking with Claire

Claire says some of the funniest things. I have been keeping a list so that I won't forget to tell her when she is older. I thought I would go ahead and post some of them.
"I am not a baby I am a big kid."

When she doesn't think she can say a word she says "Mommy, you can't say that word."

While Quinn was crying Claire started acting like she was crying. When I asked if she was sad because Quinn was crying she said. "No, she is too loud and I am just whining."

She likes to call Quinn Sweetheart.

While I was coloring in one of her coloring books she asked if she could color in it. I told her I wasn't done yet. She replied with "Mommy, you have to share."

"Mommy I will eat carrots when I am tall, like this tall, big big big. Not today."


When she gets upset she says "Don't talk to me! No one talk to me!"

When Quinn had a really bad diaper rash and was crying right before bed...Claire looked at Jared and I and said "We need to pray for she."

Jared is the happiest daddy ever! Claire likes to watch Sports Center...which she settles on when there is no football to watch. She actually asks to watch football.

I told the girls that I love them very much. Claire's response was "Daddy loves us....and God too....and Noah loves us." I can tell she is learning about Noah at church. :)

When I told Claire we have church tomorrow she asked "What am I wearing? I think I will wear the pink dress with a bow." "What is Quinn going to wear? How about the orange dress. She has two." She is not even three yet and she is already talking about clothes and her wardrobe. Oh my.

Both girls came up to me and did funny things. I was making rice krispie treats and Quinn would come over and sneak marshmallows from the counter. When she realized I knew what she was doing she just asked "More pillows please". (In her 20 month old barely able to understand voice, of course) Then Claire came up to me and asked if she could put 3 $1. bills in her piggy bank. I asked her where she got them and she said "Your wallet."

She likes to play doctor with Jared's old Fisher Price doctor kit he had as a kid. She tells us we have a Dr. appointment and she is Dr. Claire.

Claire was talking to Jared and this is what I heard. "Daddy it looks like Christmas up there." (I had just decorated the mantel) Jared "Yes, Christmas will be here soon." Claire "Will Jesus be there?".

While talking about Jesus' birthday cake Claire said "Will God be here to eat cake with us?"

I love this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment