On this beautiful Saturday morning my "special" Mother's Day day began with me getting to sleep in until 9 a.m. Oh yeah, I said 9 a.m.!! Jared got up with the girls this morning and let me sleep. Then we had breakfast at McD's. The girls then went with Jared to pick out my gift from them. While they were gone I was able to clean up the house....alone without everything I just put away getting brought back out. I also was able to take a long shower...without a child opening the shower curtain or yelling through the door. Those two things alone made this day glorious! The girls came running in the house with gifts in tow. They picked out candy, Carrie Underwood cd, flowers, and a matchbox car. A toy car or train is Claire's favorite gift to give and Quinn loves to give candy. My card was a Tinker Bell card and it sang a song. You know you are special when you get a singing card. I loved it all because I know the girls picked it out. What sweetie pies! We then went to the park and Jared took pictures of the girls and I. I never realized till recently how few pictures I am actually in. I guess because I am always behind the camera. We then had a picnic lunch and the girls played at the park. This was my favorite part of the day watching the girls play. They are getting so big and are so fearless and are just adorable. I could watch them laugh and play like that all day. We went out for dinner and then headed home. After the girls were in bed I went for a jog and then spent the rest of the evening being lazy watching t.v. on the couch. It really was a special day. I am such a lucky mommy and wife to have such a beautiful loving family. As I checked on the girls tonight I kissed their sleeping faces and I teared up as I prayed for them and I thanked God for blessing me with those two precious treasures. I am grateful for these girls and I am so proud to be their mama.
Monday, May 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment