.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It's potty time...maybe.

Quinn has been asking to go on the big girl potty and also has been taking her own diaper off. So we  decided to start potty training her and today was the first day.
Quinn and I went to Wal-Mart last night so she could pick out her big girl underpants. It was a tough choice and she went back and forth between Hello Kitty, fairies, Minnie Mouse, and princesses. In the end she picked the princesses because Rapunzel is on one of them and that is her favorite movie.
I have to admit that the thought of potty training is not appealing to me. Plus it is just making me realize my "baby" is growing up. None the less we attempted today. She had 4 accidents and never went in the potty. She sat on the potty for what seemed like most of the day. She would sit there and sing, cross her legs, play with the toilet paper, play with the shower curtain, anything but go potty. She would tell me she needed to pee pee as she was going all over the floor. I even gave her the M&M incentive that worked so well with Claire. She wanted the candy and she tried but was unsuccessful.
So, I am saying a prayer that it all clicks and she starts to get it tomorrow or we may be waiting and I will be patting that diaper bottom a little longer...and that may just be ok with me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment