.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Play Room

I have been wanting to make the guest room into a play room for awhile. I figure we might as well use the space we have. Jared gave me the green light and so I started right away on Tuesday and finished Wednesday evening. I moved furniture out and started painting the walls. There was a big purple stripe on two walls. I painted over those and now the room is all tan. Ready to add cute stuff on the walls...one day...a very far away day...but one day. Claire got the full size guest bed in her room, I wanted to make sure we had somewhere for the occasional guest to sleep. Quinn got Claire's twin bed and the toddler bed went up in the attic. The girls look so tiny in those big beds, especially Claire. She feels like a big kid!!! Quinn is super excited about her big bed as well. She had been in a sleeping on the floor phase...she started out on the floor and then we would move her to her bed once we went to bed. I guess all we needed to do was get her a big bed because she goes to sleep in it just fine. Plus, she loves showing us how she can get into bed and under the covers all by herself. Big time!
We then put all of their toys into the new play room. One thing I realized is that those girls have way too many toys! Holy moly. We went through a few of their things that we are going to donate. Claire liked knowing she was giving her toys to kids that don't have any. I also have boxed some up to store for the girls once they have kids. (The girls play with toys now that used to be Jared's...so cool!)  Hopefully it will be a successful and good decision to make a play room. They seem to really like it and that is all that matters. The room is not quite as I want it to be. I want to decorate the walls and we still have a computer cabinet that we need to move out. So, no pictures yet but I do have pictures of the girls in their beds.
 
Using the quilt that grandma made.
 

 
I think she may be excited about her big bed. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment