This evening we spent time outside. I painted Quinn's changing table (Raspberry Fizz) in the garage while Jared played with Claire in the front yard. Quinn was in her bouncy seat in the driveway loving the nice breeze. As I was painting I was watching Claire with Quinn and I realized how much she loves her little sister. If Quinn got upset or if she lost her pacifier out of her mouth Claire would say "Uh Oh" and stop whatever she was doing, even if she was all the way across the yard, and would run over to see what was wrong. She would then proceed to get Quinn's paci and give it to Jared or I and then run back to Quinn as if to say "She needs it and you need to help....NOW!" This happened numerous times throughout the evening and not one time did Claire miss a cry or a whimper from Quinn without checking it out and making sure she was ok. Once we were inside and Claire had just finished her bath Quinn got very fussy in another room. She heard Quinn but Jared was dressing Claire so she was not able to rush to her side. This upset her so much that she started crying also. It was very loud in the house with both girls crying uncontrollably but it touched my heart to see Claire so concerned. She already has a helpful and kind spirit. She loves her baby sister and I am so excited to see the bond they will have as they grow up. Plus I will be ready to tell them this story when Claire is annoyed that Quinn won't leave her alone and when Quinn wishes that Claire wasn't so bossy.
Side note: Claire has done this since Quinn was born. (see picture above. Quinn was only 4 days old) I think at first it was out of curiosity but tonight it was so evident to me that she loves her little sister. It was a wonderful moment to actually see her love Quinn.

No comments:
Post a Comment