As I think about Mother's day what goes through my mind is what a wonderful woman my own mother is. I am truly grateful for everything she has taught me and for her love for our family and the Lord. I think about how I have taken for granted the fact that I have a beautiful christian mom. God has blessed me with a mother that has taught me many things that I know about the Lord today and without her and my father bringing us up in a christian home it makes me wonder about how different my life would be. As I continue to think about Mother's day I think about myself as a mom and how happy I am that God has given me the opportunity to be a mommy to two beautiful girls. I thank God everyday for those sweet little angels and I pray that I can be the best mother to them. I want to be the kind of mother that when my girls see how I act and how I treat others and treat them that they see Jesus. I want to live a life that they know that Jesus is the Lord of my Life so they will want to follow Him also. I know they are watching and they are taking it all in so I hope to be a good example. I want to be like my mother to my children.
Yesterday was my second Mother's Day with Claire and my first with Quinn. I received my very first homemade card from the girls and I have to admit my heart was overflowing with joy! I cried as Claire pointed to different things just jabbering away. She was telling me what she had drawn and though I have no idea what she said I know she was proud of it and she was happy to give it to me. It was the best thing that has ever been given to me and I will always treasure that moment.


Proverbs 22:6
Proverbs 31:30
No comments:
Post a Comment