Thursday, May 27, 2010
Patience is a virtue
I am not a patient person and I have always said that. It is something I have to work on everyday. Today I was trying to sweep the floor, I have company coming over so I am a little stressed about getting things done quickly, but Claire wanted to help. Bless her heart she is such a good helper but today I didn't have the patience. She just wanted to be under foot all day. I finally thought Lord help me and then I let her have the broom. She was elated that I was going to let her help me. She swept (the dirt pile I had made is now scattered back all over the floor) with the big broom while I took the hand held dust pan and brush and followed behind her on my knees. It was quite the sight to see but it made Claire's day! Once we were finished with that I started dusting. Guess what Claire wanted to do...help dust. So I gave her a dust rag all her own and she followed behind me this time and cleaned right were I was at last. I was so thankful that God gave me just enough patience to allow Claire to help me today. It may have taken twice as long and my knees will be bruised but it was nice to have a little helper and she was pretty proud of herself. What a big girl she is becoming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment