My Little Miss Quinn had her 2 month doctor appt. (even though she was really 9 weeks) She weighs more than a sack of potatoes and the doctors say she is coming along perfectly. She weighs 12.5 lbs and is in the 84th percentile and she is 23 1/4 inches long coming in at 81%. She does seem to have a little head which is only in the 36th percentile. I guess better than a huge noggin. :) Quinn is doing great developmentally which is always nice to hear as a mother. I sometimes feel like I am always tending to Claire and so I don't get to work with Quinn as much. (i.e. tummy time) The only not so good news is we will be doing a renal ultrasound on her on May 24th. When they were checking Quinn's kidneys right after she was born they did discover a cyst on her spleen. The ultrasound is to see if it has gotten any bigger and if there is anything we need to do. I don't know what to worry about yet but I have already begun the worry process. I know God will take care of her I just let my mind take over what my heart knows...that God is in control. Please pray for Little Miss and me as we see what happens with the ultrasound. On a much better note, Quinn has started to coo. It is so sweet and so much fun to watch her be surprised at the sound of her own voice. She smiles quite often, mainly after her tummy is full and her diaper is dry. I would smile about that too. I am thankful she is growing and is healthy. What more can a mommy ask for?
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Sack of Potatoes
My Little Miss Quinn had her 2 month doctor appt. (even though she was really 9 weeks) She weighs more than a sack of potatoes and the doctors say she is coming along perfectly. She weighs 12.5 lbs and is in the 84th percentile and she is 23 1/4 inches long coming in at 81%. She does seem to have a little head which is only in the 36th percentile. I guess better than a huge noggin. :) Quinn is doing great developmentally which is always nice to hear as a mother. I sometimes feel like I am always tending to Claire and so I don't get to work with Quinn as much. (i.e. tummy time) The only not so good news is we will be doing a renal ultrasound on her on May 24th. When they were checking Quinn's kidneys right after she was born they did discover a cyst on her spleen. The ultrasound is to see if it has gotten any bigger and if there is anything we need to do. I don't know what to worry about yet but I have already begun the worry process. I know God will take care of her I just let my mind take over what my heart knows...that God is in control. Please pray for Little Miss and me as we see what happens with the ultrasound. On a much better note, Quinn has started to coo. It is so sweet and so much fun to watch her be surprised at the sound of her own voice. She smiles quite often, mainly after her tummy is full and her diaper is dry. I would smile about that too. I am thankful she is growing and is healthy. What more can a mommy ask for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment