Friday, May 21, 2010
Ant Farm
We have lived in this house for a little over a year. Last summer we were over run by ants until it heated up enough they didn't come out anymore. Well, they are back but this year with WINGS! I was so afraid they were termites but after close inspection and comparing to what we looked up online they really are flying ants. (much better than termites!!!) They are congregating in the master bath and last night they were almost swarming, they like the light. Anyway, I told Jared he needed to spray them with bug spray. So he gets the big jug of heavy duty stuff, which I proceed to tell him has to dry for hours before we can get near it. He tells me it will be fine and wouldn't do anything to harm us, it would be dry before we went to bed. It wasn't completely dry but it was ok. I got ready for bed and thought I could smell a slight odor. I got into bed and then started thinking what if the fumes come from under the bathroom door and get to Quinn. She is still sleeping in our room and right by the bathroom. I ask Jared to move her so she is now across the room. I feel much better...then I start getting a headache and I feel like asthma is coming on. (slight hypochondriac)I ask Jared again if everything is ok, I don't want us all to end up with cancer or worse...dead from inhaling this stuff. He says "Do you want to move to another room?" Not if everything is fine, he says it is fine. I continue to whine and complain for a little longer until I realize he has ignored me and is now asleep. This morning as he is leaving he says "Aren't you glad we are all still alive?" I replied "It's a good thing or you would be in big trouble". Then I realized I was the one that told him to spray the stuff in the first place! Oh my!How he puts up with me I will never know. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

ROFL, that is hilarious! We have started seeing spiders (Alex shouts "WHAT'S THIS!?" until I come and smash them) - they scare me to death, so I guess it's time to call an exterminator. We had an ant problem in Shawnee... I'm thinking the gel stuff is what finally worked. We tried everything. Good luck blogging! It's a fun, "permanent" record of your lives... you won't regret it! :o)
ReplyDelete