.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Big Girl


Claire has been shaking the crib and banging it up against the wall when she wakes up in the mornings and from naps. (the crib was Jared's grandmother's so it doesn't really need to be shook) So on Sunday night we decided it was time to move Claire to her big girl bed. I was really afraid it was going to be a tough time. She cried for about 30 to 45 minutes and most of that time was by the door. After about an hour Jared went to check on her and she had climbed back into the bed and was sound asleep. The next morning I woke up and could not believe she had made it through the night! What a big girl!!! I was thinking how easy that was but I was worried about nap time that day. When it came time for a nap I told Claire " It's time to take a nap in your big girl bed." She stopped what she was doing and walked into her room. Whimpering the whole time she climbed into her bed and grabbed her glow worm. She looked up at me, still whimpering, and pointed to her blanket. I covered her and left the room. I didn't hear another peep. I was in shock...she has not given me any trouble. I underestimated my little princess, she was ready and I didn't think she could do it. Now that it is Thursday and we have been sleeping in our big girl bed since Sunday Claire has realized she can get in and out of her bed whenever she wants. It is nap time now and I hear her in her room playing with her blocks and singing. We will see if she falls asleep soon or not. I am very proud of her anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Claire finally climbed back in her bed and went to sleep after playing for about 20 minutes. :)

    ReplyDelete