.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blizzard 2011

Today was the day of the big blizzard of 2011. Record snow fell here in Tulsa. A whopping 14" was the final total.
I had Jared run to the store yesterday before he came home from work to get a few things in case we got snowed in. He said the isles were bare and that it was so busy that there were no carts and he had to park at the back of the parking lot. He deserves kudos for walking through the store with a case of water and a super size box of baby wipes. (along with english muffins because they were completely out of bread)
Jared was off work today, the city offices and his lab were closed. I was very thankful for this because I would have been a nervous wreck with him driving. The girls loved having their daddy home in the middle of the week. He will be home tomorrow too, which made it easier to get Claire to bed tonight, we told her when she wakes up daddy will be here to play. We had fun watching it snow practically all day, we also enjoyed Samson frolicking, as I called it, in the snow as well. The girls and I didn't have plans to go out today but just knowing that we were stranded made today feel like a snow day to us too. I took lots of pictures and we had fun playing inside. We are hoping the wind chill won't be as bad tomorrow so we can let Claire play outside. It will be her first official time to play in the snow. Rest assure that I will have plenty of pictures to post. ;)
Jared was bound and determined to get both vehicles in the garage, which we have never done and never thought possible. But where there's a will there's a way!!!!!!!
The girls loved daddy time!
Samson in the snow. (backyard)
Samson frolicking!
The snow drift outside our front door.
The snow up against our garage.
He looks so cute in his Bah Humbug hat!
He got one side cleared.
The front of our house, the snow is beautiful!
While daddy was outside working we were inside learning about snowflakes. While Claire painted her snowflakes she learned that God made the snow and that every snowflake is different. (I am sure if asked she will not remember anything I told her. She just kept wanting more paint.)
Claire loves to smile for the camera when the timer is on, she liked to watch the red blinky light.
Quinn wanted to help Claire with her snowflake, Claire did not take to the idea...
So we moved back to the big table. Poor Quinn!!!
I love this girl!
Quinn was pretending to paint.
I guess she decided it was better to just eat the brush rather than pretend paint. Don't worry, there is no paint on the end of that brush...it was brand new.
Looking forward to snow day number two!!! I will "try" not to post so many pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment