The girls and I have officially been stuck in the house for 8 days! (I am not counting the 5 minutes we went outside to "try" and play in the snow) I am not a fan of snow and ice so we have not ventured out...thankfully Jared is willing and has made a few emergency Walmart runs when needed. Unfortunately, we are expected to get 5-10 inches of snow in the next 2 days! I really am ready for SPRING!
I have really enjoyed taking pictures of the girls this week, it has been fun to try and be creative. Operative word is try! I hope you are not too bored looking at them...only 21 more days to go. :) The girls have been cooperative and for the most part have been willing to let me photograph them. Claire always wants me to take her picture when I am taking Quinn's. She says "My turn mommy..picture...cheeeeeeeeeeese!" So cute! When she is done and no longer wants to take part she says "No pictures, no pictures" (She is just practicing for when she is famous and the paparazzi follow her around)
This week Quinn started saying Daddy. She will still say dada but she mainly says daddy. I love to hear her say it, it melts my heart. Claire is trying to get her to say mommy and Claire. So far it hasn't worked. ;)
Since we have been cooped up all week we have done quite a few art projects. Claire loves to glue!!! I feel like I am always cutting something out just so she can glue it. She also loves her "mawkers". I am so thankful that crayola markers are washable!!!!!
We have also watched Alvin and the Chipmunks the movie way too many times this week. Claire has now started quoting lines as the movie is playing. Unfortunately one of the line she says contains a word we try not to say at our house. Alvin says "Especially this stupid, stupid tree!" Claire says it right along with him. She does not realize yet that stupid is a bad word but I guess we will fast forward through that part. :)
The girls have also been sick this week. Quinn has nasal congestion and a cough, thankfully it hasn't kept her up at night yet. Claire has had the stomach bug again! I am so ready to get past sick season. I am praying that the rest of us don't get it. At least we didn't have anywhere to go, I guess if someone is going to be sick might as well be when we are stuck inside anyway.
The nice thing about this last week was that Jared was home a couple of days from work. The girls love it when he is home. Sometimes I think he needs a vacation from being at home...they have him playing from the time they get up to the time they go to bed. He is such a good daddy!!
I am hoping that it warms up soon and that we can get out and about. The girls are ready for a much needed break from the house and so am I.
Monday, February 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment