.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentines Day Eve

Jared and I had our Valentines Day date a night early. We had free babysitting offered to us tonight so we took full advantage. We dropped off the kids and were a little nervous and worried about what we were going to talk about for two hours? Not really nervous... but it has been a long time since we have sat at a dinner table without spending the entire time talking to and feeding children. The place we were excited to try was closed, guess we should have checked on that first, so we picked a random restaurant we knew nothing about. It was so cute because we sat down and they had tablecloths (this may not be a big deal to some but we usually eat at places where things can be easily cleaned up), it was dimly lit and there was candlelight on the table. Jared tried to act like it was part of his romantic plan and that he deserved recognition for taking me to this place. ;) We didn't have any trouble talking and had a really good time. It was good to spend a few hours alone... sometimes in my busyness I forget just how funny and cute he is. (Corny?!?!? Yes, I know!)

As we were headed home with the girls giggling at each other and Itsy Bitsy Spider playing in the background we realized that we missed our girls. They are such a joy and we LOVE them so much.

To make the day even more special Claire was praying with daddy before bed...she actually repeated Jared's prayer and in all her cuteness said I love you Jesus, Amen. I am truly blessed and I am so thankful for my loving husband and my beautiful kids. What a great Valentines Day Eve!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment